The 14th issue of the Newsletter presents in its first article the summary and recommendations from the 7th EAN Workshop on "Decommisioning and Site remediation" (Arnhem, October 2003) answering the 4 questions:
- Are we really implementing ALARA in decommisioning and remediation?
- What is the role of the Stakeholders in the the decision making?
- Are there factors that are specific to the non-nulear sector?
- Are they still further needs for external dose prediction tools?
The second paper presents some recommendations from the International Conference on National Infrastructures for Radiation Safety (Rabat, September 2003).
The third paper presents the new Challenges for the European ALARA Network. An Analysis of a Radiological Incident concerning the Transport of gauges from a refurbished brewery becomes the incident case study n° 14, and a presentation is proposed of the future European Radiation Protection Training and Education Platform. Finally in the second announcement for the 8th EAN Workshop on "Occupational Radiological Protection Control and Self Assessment" is available with the Preliminary Programme and the Application Form.
- EAN Seventh Workshop on Decommissioning and Site Remediation: Summary and Recommendations
P. Shaw, C. Lefaure, J. van der Steen, P. Croûail
- Excerpts from "Findings and Recommendations of the International Conference on National Infrastructures for Radiation Safety"
- New Challenges for the European ALARA Network
EAN Steering Committee members
- Analysis of a Radiological Incident (Case n° 14)
- ALARA News
- Insert: 8th EAN Workshop (2nd Announcement)